On Wed, 2015-02-25 at 21:01 +0000, Arun Ramamurthy wrote:Pawel, I was not aware of that. Since the driver code did not require the interrupts or interrupt-names bindings to load properly, I moved it out of the required properties. I can remove that change.
Added ioctl and interrupt handler functions to support FBIO_WAITFORVSYNC
Also corrected documentation to make interrupts and interrupt-names
optional as they are not required properties.
You may not be aware of this fact, but its the "documentation" what
defines what properties are required...
Reviewed-by: Ray Jui <rjui@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Reviewed-by: Scott Branden <sbranden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Signed-off-by: Arun Ramamurthy <arun.ramamurthy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>0
.../devicetree/bindings/video/arm,pl11x.txt | 11 +--
drivers/video/fbdev/amba-clcd.c | 82 ++++++++++++++++++++++
include/linux/amba/clcd.h | 4 ++
3 files changed, 89 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/arm,pl11x.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/arm,pl11x.txt
index 2262cdb..7d19024 100644
@@ -10,14 +10,6 @@ Required properties:
- reg: base address and size of the control registers block
-- interrupt-names: either the single entry "combined" representing a
- combined interrupt output (CLCDINTR), or the four entries
- "mbe", "vcomp", "lnbu", "fuf" representing the individual
- CLCDMBEINTR, CLCDVCOMPINTR, CLCDLNBUINTR, CLCDFUFINTR interrupts
-- interrupts: contains an interrupt specifier for each entry in
- clock-names: should contain "clcdclk" and "apb_pclk"
- clocks: contains phandle and clock specifier pairs for the entries
So no, you can't do that.