Re: [Patch V7 03/10] ASoC: qcom: Document Storm bindings

From: Mark Brown
Date: Fri Mar 06 2015 - 06:19:09 EST

On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 04:21:52PM -0800, Kenneth Westfield wrote:

> +Required properties:
> +
> +- compatible : "google,storm"

I'm not convinced about this compatible - it's the name of the entire
machine from the looks of it which means it'll collide with any other
similar machine driver type things needed on the board. Adding an
-audio or something on the end of the name should cover it unless anyone
has any other bright ideas.

Ideally we'd be able to load drivers off the machine identifier that we
already have but nobody seems to want to do that so...