PM: knowing the system state in the device callback

From: Alexandre Belloni
Date: Mon Mar 16 2015 - 15:17:52 EST

Hi,

I'm trying to get rid of at91_suspend_entering_slow_clock() which is
exposing the platform suspend_state_t to the devices. From what I
understand, whenever suspend_state_t is PM_SUSPEND_MEM or
PM_SUSPEND_STANDBY, the pm_message_t passed to the device driver is
always PM_EVENT_SUSPEND.

The requirement is to know whether we are going to cut the master clock
and in that case, avoid calling enable_irq_wake() because we will not be
able to wakeup from the device.

Is there a better way to do that? Or should I implement a similar
function in the pm core (which I guess would already be there if
really needed)?

Regards,

--
Alexandre Belloni, Free Electrons