Re: 4.0.0-rc4: panic in free_block

From: David Ahern
Date: Fri Mar 20 2015 - 20:39:28 EST

On 3/20/15 6:34 PM, David Rientjes wrote:
On Fri, 20 Mar 2015, David Ahern wrote:

Here's another data point: If I disable NUMA I don't see the problem.
Performance drops, but no NULL pointer splats which would have been panics.

The 128 cpu ldom with NUMA enabled shows the problem every single time I do a
kernel compile (-j 128). With NUMA disabled I have done 3 allyesconfig
compiles without hitting the problem. I'll put the compiles into a loop while
I head out for dinner.

It might be helpful to enable CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB if you're reproducing it.

I enabled that and a few other DEBUG configs earlier -- nothing popped out. I'll do it again -- and others when I return.