Re: [tip:perf/core] bpf: Fix the build on BPF_SYSCALL= y && !CONFIG_TRACING kernels, make it more configurable

From: Alexei Starovoitov
Date: Thu Apr 02 2015 - 11:43:33 EST

On 4/2/2015 7:30 AM, tip-bot for Ingo Molnar wrote:
Committer: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx>
CommitDate: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 16:28:06 +0200

bpf: Fix the build on BPF_SYSCALL=y && !CONFIG_TRACING kernels, make it more configurable

Thanks for the fix.
I've tried this combination and it was fine, since whole kernel/trace/
directory is not compiled when !CONFIG_TRACING, but I missed the fact
that CONFIG_RING_BUFFER=y also enables kernel/trace/ which this ia64
.config exploited :( I'll add it to my set of configs.
Thanks again for the fix. It makes dependency clear.

Acked-by: Alexei Starovoitov <ast@xxxxxxxxxxxx>