Re: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs tree with the ext4 tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Tue Apr 07 2015 - 03:36:48 EST

Hi Christoph,

On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 09:02:14 +0200 Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 07, 2015 at 02:00:35PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi Al,
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the vfs tree got a conflict in fs/ext4/inode.c between commit 72b8e0f9fa8a ("ext4: remove unused header files") from the ext4 tree and commit e2e40f2c1ed4 ("fs: move struct kiocb to fs.h") from the vfs tree.
>
> FYI, the ext4 tree seems to have the crypto support, which I don't think is
> ready for 4.1 with all the implications of it..

Actually I was going to ping Ted about that ...

Ted,

A few of the files added by the ext4 crypto support do not have
copyright notices or license acknowledgements ... and there was one
place I noticed that has just a template for function documentation
that is not very useful. I didn't look further, but was wondering if
it had leaked out ...

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx