Re: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Wed Apr 15 2015 - 05:37:40 EST

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 10:44:40AM +0200, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> If you really don't like userspace using features the kernel provides
> you, well, there's nothing I can say that will change that odd feeling,
> sorry.

Are you even reading what people are saying?

I don't like the mandatory(!) aspect of this, which it will eventually
become. There is this thing called "choice", remember?

> Really? Who in that MAINTAINERS file entry do you not trust?

The fact that you're still pushing for this current design *in the face*
of people pointing out serious design flaws with this makes me not
really trust you.

> I don't understand what this means. If you have a technical reason
> for why this code shouldn't be merged, great, please let me know and
> we can work to address that. Andy and Al have spent time reviewing
> and giving us comments, and that's wonderful and valuable and is
> why I treat their comments seriously. If you are interested in the
> code, please review it,

Yeah, I took a brief look at the code. It is overcomplicated.

If I were to review it properly, I'd ask you to split it in small
patchsets. Hell, I'm pretty sure you would do the same for code you
don't know if you were in my shoes.

Also, considering the complexity of this patchset, it doesn't have
a single Reviewed-by by an external party. If this were any other
submission, it would've been kicked to the curb a long time ago.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.