Re: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Wed Apr 15 2015 - 12:35:52 EST

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 11:45:52AM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 12:25:55PM +0100, One Thousand Gnomes wrote:
> >
> > IMHO that probably involves getting the right people in the right place
> > together - dbus designers, MPI and realtime people, kernel folks and
> > possibly also some of the hardware messaging folk.
>
> /me continues on as a broken record
>
> I suggest that we can do this at Linux Plumbers, and then follow up at
> Kernel Summit, for those that can (or wont) attend plumbers.

I really doubt this will work for Plumbers, sorry. And technical things
don't work well, if at all, at Kernel Summit.

We have had meetings about this at the past two Plumbers conferences,
where none of these things came up (i.e. dislike of the D-Bus model).

I'll be glad to discuss this at both places, but let's try to work
through the technical things through email, as really, that's the best
place for it.

Al just proved this by pointing out some issues to be resolved (RW lock
only used as a W lock, odd atomic values and locking without documenting
the lifecycles, etc.) And that's the way this is supposed to work,
nothing new/different here that I can see.

thanks,

greg k-h