Re: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Thu Apr 16 2015 - 04:44:04 EST

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

> > I originally didn't want to comment on this, but now that you are
> > making this argument for 3rd or 4th time, I can't really resist. What
> > exactly are you trying to "prove" by the 13k-lines argument?
> >
> > mm/vmscan.c is less that 4k lines. Does that sole fact mean that the whole
> > memory reclaim is trivial to review?
>
> I'm trying to say that it's not a ton of code. lines of code are of
> course not a valid way to judge complexity, and I'm not trying to say
> that. I am trying to point out that it isn't "huge" by comparing it to
> other chunks of code that we all know and love.
>
> We merge subsystems with new userspace apis that are large than this all
> the time. I'm trying to say this isn't something "unusual" at all.

I agree with you on that point. Merging 13k lines isn't a big deal, we do
that all the time.

But I don't think anyone in this (or previous) thread brought up the
number of lines of kdbus as an unltimate argument for questioning or even
NACKing it.

So I completely fail to see why this is so relevant that you keep
repeating it.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina