[GIT PULL] Block core bits for 4.1-rc1

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Thu Apr 16 2015 - 20:37:20 EST

Hi Linus,

This is the core pull request for 4.1. Not a lot of stuff in here for
this round, mostly little fixes or optimizations. This pull request
contains:

- An optimization that speeds up queue runs on blk-mq, especially for
the case where there's a large difference between nr_cpu_ids and
the actual mapped software queues on a hardware queue. From Chong
Yuan.

- Honor node local allocations for requests on legacy devices. From
David Rientjes.

- Cleanup of blk_mq_rq_to_pdu() from me.

- exit_aio() fixup from me, greatly speeding up exiting multiple
IO contexts off exit_group(). For my particular test case, fio
exit took ~6 seconds. A typical case of both exposing RCU grace
periods to user space, and serializing exit of them.

- Make blk_mq_queue_enter() honor the gfp mask passed in, so we only
wait if __GFP_WAIT is set. From Keith Busch.

- blk-mq exports and two added helpers from Mike Snitzer, which will be
used by the dm-mq code.

- Cleanups of blk-mq queue init from Wei Fang and Xiaoguang Wang.

Please pull!

git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git for-4.1/core

Chong Yuan (1):
blk-mq: reduce unnecessary software queue looping

David Rientjes (1):
block: allocate request memory local to request queue

Jens Axboe (3):
Merge branch 'for-linus' into for-4.1/core
blk-mq: cleanup blk_mq_rq_to_pdu()
aio: fix serial draining in exit_aio()

Keith Busch (1):
blk-mq: don't wait in blk_mq_queue_enter() if __GFP_WAIT isn't set

Mike Snitzer (2):
blk-mq: add blk_mq_init_allocated_queue and export blk_mq_register_disk
blk-mq: export blk_mq_run_hw_queues

Wei Fang (1):
blk-mq: put blk_queue_rq_timeout together in blk_mq_init_queue()

Xiaoguang Wang (1):
block: remove redundant check about 'set->nr_hw_queues' in blk_mq_alloc_tag_set()

block/blk-core.c | 19 ++++++++++++---
block/blk-mq-sysfs.c | 1 +
include/linux/blk-mq.h | 7 ++++--

Jens Axboe