Upstream kernel fails to run on qemu-sparc64 due to commit 889fa31f0 (blk-mq: reduce unnecessary software queue looping)

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Fri Apr 17 2015 - 02:32:40 EST

Hi,

my qemu-sparc64 tests fail to run with kernel v4.0-7245-ga39ef1a7c609.
Bisect points to commit 889fa31f00b ("blk-mq: reduce unnecessary software
queue looping"). Reverting this commit fixes the problem.

I had a look into the commit, but I have no idea what might be wrong.

I made the bisect log, images, configuration file, root file system, and directions
on how to run the images available at http://server.roeck-us.net/qemu/sparc64.

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

Guenter