Re: Continuous Integration

From: Josh Boyer
Date: Wed Apr 22 2015 - 11:11:26 EST

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Thiago Farina <tfransosi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Richard Weinberger
> <richard.weinberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Thiago Farina <tfransosi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Does Linux plan to one day use a Continuous Integration system like
>>> Buildbot or Travis-ci?
>>
>> We do already.
>> i.e. http://server.roeck-us.net:8010/
>>
> I can't access that.
>
> And sorry, that does not count.

It counts just fine. The work is being done and providing value.
It's rather rude of you to dismiss it because of where it is hosted.

In addition to Guenter's work, I believe there are also CI-like
projects run by Intel (they have a 0-day build bot kind of thing and a
linux-next boot thing), and
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/matrix/

> I mean, it should be an official one hosted on kernel.org or
> linux-foundation.org

The only thing that makes a CI project "official" is that it's
actually running and providing feedback to the community it's
targeting. Hosting it on kernel.org or linuxfoundation.org is a
nicety.

josh