Re: Linux device driver for USB WIFI needs integrating

From: Anders Larsen
Date: Fri Apr 24 2015 - 10:01:44 EST

On 2015-04-24 13:59, Chris Ward wrote:
lsusb shows
Bus 003 Device 024: ID 0b05:17ba ASUSTek Computer, Inc.

does the attached trivial patch help?
(it should make the in-tree driver recognise your ASUS device)

I just realised that the above USB id was already added to the
in-tree driver - it should appear the next Kernel release.
(commit 9374e7d2fdcad3c36dafc8d3effd554bc702c4b6 in Linus' tree)

If my patch (which does exactly the same as the above) works for you
we can ask for that commit to be added to the stable kernels, so please
let us know how you proceed.

Cheers
Anders--