Re: [BUG/PATCH] kernel RNG and its secrets

From: Stephan Mueller
Date: Mon Apr 27 2015 - 15:11:05 EST

Am Freitag, 10. April 2015, 16:50:22 schrieb Stephan Mueller:

Hi Stephan,

>Am Freitag, 10. April 2015, 16:46:04 schrieb Daniel Borkmann:
>
>Hi Daniel,

>>+1
>>
>>> Do you really think this is a compiler issue?
>>
>>If clang/LLVM advertises "GCC compatibility", then this would
>>certainly be a different behavior.
>
>As you wish. I will contact the clang folks. As the proposed fix is not super
>urgend, I think we can leave it until I got word from clang.

I posted the issue on the clang mailing list on April 10 -- no word so far. I
would interpret this as a sign that it is a no-issue for them.

Thus, I propose we update our memzero_explicit implementation to use

__asm__ __volatile__("" : "=r" (s) : "0" (s) : "memory");

Concerns?

Ciao
Stephan