Re: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Apr 27 2015 - 17:32:11 EST

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 6:50 AM, Lukasz Skalski <l.skalski@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To perform tests I've created two simple apps:
>
> - server: http://fpaste.org/215157/
> - client: http://fpaste.org/215156/

So since Andy reported that dbus seems to be a few orders of magnitude
too slow, I tried to build these apps to see what it even does.

They don't buidl on F21. You seem to be using features that are too
new to exist even in fairly modern distros:

server.c:47:24: error: âG_BUS_TYPE_USERâ undeclared

so I can't even see what dbus does *now*.

That said, either you're running your test on a potato, or dbus is
seriously screwed up. No way should it take 4+ seconds to send a 1000b
message to back and forth 20k times. But as mentioned, I can't even
see what it's doing right now.

Linus