Re: ARM: EXYNOS: Fixes for 4.1

From: Krzysztof Kozlowski
Date: Fri May 08 2015 - 20:42:51 EST

> On 05/06/15 09:55, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
>> Krzysztof Kozlowski (1):
>> ARM: EXYNOS: Fix failed second suspend on Exynos4
>>
>> arch/arm/mach-exynos/common.h | 2 ++
>> arch/arm/mach-exynos/exynos.c | 27 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> arch/arm/mach-exynos/platsmp.c | 39 ++-------------------------------------
>> arch/arm/mach-exynos/suspend.c | 3 +++
>> 4 files changed, 34 insertions(+), 37 deletions(-)
>> --
>
> Hi Krzysztof,
>
> Yeah, the patch is old thing but if I remember correctly, I couldn't
> apply it because of soc_is_xxx() macro. Yes, I agree with the way,
> firstly fix something and if required, then update it later....But!
>
> Please address comments about that, if not, it will not be accepted by
> arm-soc tree.

Hi,

Actually during previous discussion I addressed all the issues:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/3/18/108
but there was no response from your side.

In previous thread you also asked about proper way of using the
DELAYED_RESET_ASSERTION. I tried to obtain additional docs from LSI
but couldn't. In current documentation it was described vaguely so I
looked at vendor source code. The patch IMHO is the best solution.
Additionally it was tested (Chanwoo and Bartlomiej) and fixes the
issue.

As for the soc_is_exynos -> of_machine_is_compatible I will prepare a
follow up to fix this.

Let me know if you have any other comments about it.

Best regards,
Krzysztof