Re: [patch v2] checkpatch: complain about GW-BASIC style label names

From: Dan Carpenter
Date: Wed May 13 2015 - 09:48:15 EST

You misunderstand. Although I am famous for hating out: labels, I would
not introduce a checkpatch warning to complain about it. This only
complains about GW-BASIC labels.

out3:
kfree(foo);
out2:
kfree(bar);
out:
kfree(baz);

GW-BASIC label suck because they are meaningless and lazy and, if you
introduce a new warning in the middle, then you have to rename them all.
In btrfs this only complains about the following two sections of code:

fs/btrfs/compression.c
732
733 fail2:
734 while (faili >= 0) {
735 __free_page(cb->compressed_pages[faili]);
736 faili--;
737 }
738
739 kfree(cb->compressed_pages);
740 fail1:
741 kfree(cb);
742 out:
743 free_extent_map(em);
744 return ret;
745 }

fs/btrfs/sysfs.c
742
743 return 0;
744 out2:
745 debugfs_remove_recursive(btrfs_debugfs_root_dentry);
746 out1:
747 kset_unregister(btrfs_kset);
748
749 return ret;