Re: xfs: does mkfs.xfs require fancy switches to get decent performance? (was Tux3 Report: How fast can we fsync?)

From: Daniel Phillips
Date: Wed May 13 2015 - 16:24:53 EST

On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 1:02:34 PM PDT, Jeremy Allison wrote:
On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 12:37:41PM -0700, Daniel Phillips wrote:
On 05/13/2015 12:09 PM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

Daniel, please listen to Martin. He speaks a fundamental truth
here.

As you know, I am also interested in Tux3, and would love to
see it as a filesystem option for NAS servers using Samba. But
please think about the way you're interacting with people on the
list, and whether that makes this outcome more or less likely.

Thanks Jeremy, that means more from you than anyone.

Regards,

Daniel