Re: [RFC v2 5/7] PCI/ACPI: Consolidate common PCI host bridge code into ACPI core

From: Hanjun Guo
Date: Thu May 14 2015 - 00:06:04 EST

On 2015å05æ14æ 09:09, Jiang Liu wrote:
On 2015/5/13 21:25, Hanjun Guo wrote:
On 2015å05æ13æ 20:24, Jiang Liu wrote:
On 2015/5/13 17:29, Hanjun Guo wrote:
Hi Jiang,

On 2015å05æ05æ 10:46, Jiang Liu wrote:

struct pci_controller {
struct acpi_device *companion;
void *iommu;
int segment;
int node; /* nearest node with memory or
NUMA_NO_NODE for global allocation */

void *platform_data;
};

except void *platform_data;

On ARM64, the structure is almost the same, so how about
introduce

struct pci_controller {
struct acpi_device *companion; /* ACPI companion device */
void *iommu; /* IOMMU private data */
int segment; /* PCI domain */
int node; /* NUMA node */
#ifdef CONFIG_IA64
void *platform_data;
#endif
};

in this file, then can be used for all architectures?
Current mode is that architecture defines its own version of
struct pci_controller. It would be better to keep this pattern.

OK, thanks for the clarify :) So how about add my basic
PCI support patch for ARM64 on top of you patch set to fix
this problem?

Sure, please send me the patches and I will send out v3 to
cover your review comments.

OK, I need to rework my patches because my patch set is dependent
on top of another MMCFG refactor patch set [1], so I need to remove
MMCONFIG first then will speed up the upstream process of your patch
set, will send you the patches soon.

[1]: https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/4/17/29

Thanks
Hanjun