RE: usb: gadget: f_fs: O_NONBLOCK waits MAX_SCHEDULE_TIMEOUT

From: Peter Chen
Date: Sun May 24 2015 - 21:56:05 EST

> >> Thank you, that sounds like the best approach.
> >> In this case I think perhaps the long wait without any data is an
> >> problem with the imx6 Chipidea USB controller.
> >
> > What's the possible problem?
>
> Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been getting some more details with a
> USB Analyser.
>
> The scenario is that the NCM device is enumerating so we see the messages to:
>
> SetAddress (1)
> GetDescriptor (Device)
> GetDescriptor (StringN)
> GetDescriptor (Configuration)
> SetConfiguration (1)
> GetDescriptor (String iInterface)
> GetDescriptor (String iInterface)
>
> At this point the NCM host sends Writes to the F_FS EP0 but for some reason
> the host device does not respond and only issues SOF packets for hours. This
> happens occasionally and is fixed by turning the device off and on again.

We may find this 'some reason', is it device error or host error?

Do you have below patch in your code:

commit 953c66469735aed8d2ada639a72b150f01dae605
Author: Abbas Raza <Abbas_Raza@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu Jul 17 19:34:31 2014 +0800

usb: chipidea: udc: Disable auto ZLP generation on ep0

There are 2 methods for ZLP (zero-length packet) generation:
1) In software
2) Automatic generation by device controller

1) is implemented in UDC driver and it attaches ZLP to IN packet if
descriptor->size < wLength
2) can be enabled/disabled by setting ZLT bit in the QH

Peter