[GIT PULL] kdbus cleanups for 4.2

From: David Herrmann
Date: Wed Jun 03 2015 - 14:51:29 EST

Hi Greg

This contains a bunch of fixes, optimizations and cleanups since v4.0. It is
based on your 'kdbus' branch and was tested for several weeks.
I have some more patches pending, mainly metadata rework for 4.2. However, this
breaks backwards compat so I want to get everything else out first.

Thanks
David

The following changes since commit 384ede7c5f52ff89d90bf3008360c5f7c0d6fcbf:

kdbus: pool: use __vfs_read() (2015-06-02 21:37:22 +0900)

are available in the git repository at:

https://github.com/systemd/linux.git tags/for-greg

for you to fetch changes up to 9efa7187a1522f57d4022b943378703b09db6c1b:

kdbus: no need to ref current->mm (2015-06-03 18:50:21 +0200)

kdbus cleanups since 4.1 for Greg

* Several cleanups to reduce locking in metadata collection and connection
management.

* Translate CAPS between namespaces just like ./security/commoncaps.c does.
Previously we just dropped CAPS on namespace borders, now we translate them
according to the upstream translation rules.

* IdAdd / IdRemove notifications are now forwarded to everyone. This fixes
issues with sandboxes which want to track API users, but cant if they don't
get those notifications.

* Drop kdbus_meta_attach_mask module parameter. It was a workaround which was
never used by anyone. Drop it and lets figure out the remaining issues
people disagree on properly, without any hacks.

* Miscellaneous build fixes.

Daniel Mack (2):
samples/kdbus: stub out code for glibc < 2.7
kdbus: use rcu to access exe file in metadata

David Herrmann (16):
kdbus: skip mandatory items on negotiation
kdbus: turn kdbus_node_idr into an ida
kdbus: reduce scope of handle locking
kdbus: skip acquiring an active reference in poll()
kdbus: optimize auxgroup collector
kdbus: drop obsolete WARN_ON
kdbus: copy small ioctl payloads to stack
kdbus: drop kdbus_meta_attach_mask modparam
kdbus: fix typo
kdbus: forward ID notifications to everyone
kdbus: provide helper to collect metadata
kdbus: make metadata on broadcasts reliable
kdbus: fix up documentation of ioctl handlers
kdbus: translate capabilities between namespaces
kdbus/selftests: add build-dependencies on headers
kdbus: no need to ref current->mm

Wei Yongjun (1):
kdbus: remove unused linux/version.h include

ipc/kdbus/bus.c | 46 +-
ipc/kdbus/connection.c | 59 +-
ipc/kdbus/endpoint.c | 4 +-
ipc/kdbus/handle.c | 171 +++--
ipc/kdbus/handle.h | 5 +
ipc/kdbus/main.c | 13 +-
ipc/kdbus/match.c | 4 +-
ipc/kdbus/message.c | 24 +
ipc/kdbus/message.h | 2 +
ipc/kdbus/metadata.c | 167 +++--
ipc/kdbus/metadata.h | 2 -
ipc/kdbus/names.c | 6 +-
ipc/kdbus/node.c | 23 +-
ipc/kdbus/node.h | 2 +
ipc/kdbus/queue.c | 2 +-
ipc/kdbus/util.c | 45 --
ipc/kdbus/util.h | 1 -
samples/kdbus/kdbus-workers.c | 23 +-
tools/testing/selftests/kdbus/Makefile | 3 +-
tools/testing/selftests/kdbus/kdbus-test.c | 25 +-
tools/testing/selftests/kdbus/kdbus-test.h | 2 -
tools/testing/selftests/kdbus/test-attach-flags.c | 750 ----------------------
tools/testing/selftests/kdbus/test-connection.c | 34 +-
tools/testing/selftests/kdbus/test-endpoint.c | 13 +-
delete mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/kdbus/test-attach-flags.c