Re: [RFC 3/9] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: add support for VTU ops

From: nolan
Date: Thu Jun 04 2015 - 14:23:00 EST

On 06/02/2015 11:53 PM, Scott Feldman wrote:
I'm talking about bridging tagged traffic. E.g.:

ip link add name br0 type bridge
ip link add name br1 type bridge

ip link set dev sw1p1 master br0
ip link set dev sw1p2 master br0
ip link set dev sw1p3 master br1
ip link set dev sw1p4 master br1

bridge vlan add vid 100 dev sw1p1
bridge vlan add vid 100 dev sw1p2
bridge vlan add vid 100 dev sw1p3
bridge vlan add vid 100 dev sw1p4

Now the ports are trunking vlan 100 and the bridge/device see tagged
traffic. If the device used floods vlan 100 pkt to all ports in vlan
100, it'll flood to a port outside the bridge. Oops! For the device
I'm using (rocker w/ OF-DPA) the bridging table matches on vlan ID and
mac_dst. There is no prevision to isolate vlans per bridge.

How do you solve the above case with your hardware?

Ah, understood, thanks for clarifying.

Right now, we only support this case with vconfig-style vlans. I don't see any conceptual reason it couldn't be supported in the vlan-aware bridge model as well. The HW configuration would be essentially identical to the equivalent vconfig-style config.