Re: [GIT PULL 0/6] perf/core improvements and fixes

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Jun 05 2015 - 08:06:18 EST

* Wangnan (F) <wangnan0@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK. Let's start making a nice UI.

Thanks!

> [...]
>
> One problem I can find is that, the wrapper will make perf depend on llvm. I
> don't think the compiler will be deployed in production environments... And
> also, the embedded case...

What dependencies are there?

On the usage side there should be very few outright dependencies: if the llvm
binary is not available, or doesn't support what you need, or there's no runtime
environment you can use to build the bytecode, you should display an informative
error message so that the user knows what is missing and how to install it.

Thanks,

Ingo