Re: [RFC v2 23/24] m68k/mac: Fix PRAM accessors

From: Finn Thain
Date: Thu Jun 18 2015 - 00:49:35 EST

Hi Geert,

Further to my previous email,

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015, in which I wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jun 2015, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>

> > More magic values...
>
> [...] The only useful RTC documentation I've ever come across is this:
> http://mac.linux-m68k.org/devel/plushw.php

This document appears to be Inside Macintosh vol. III ch. 2. It describes
the early RTC chip that lacks two-byte operations and XPRAM, and pre-dates
all Mac hardware supported in mainline Linux. But it does offer some
useful data, though not enough to answer all of your criticisms (as I
said).

> [...] I think they should be applied across the entire file, and in a
> different patch. Inconsistent use of such macros would be undesirable
> IMHO.

So, unless you have other ideas, I will revise this patch and insert an
earlier patch to address existing code, and codify what little reliable
chip data we have.