Re: [RFC] hotkey for disabling/enabling events in 'perf top' TUI was Re: [GIT PULL 0/8] perf/core improvements and fixes

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Fri Jun 19 2015 - 16:08:06 EST

Em Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 08:27:11AM +0200, Ingo Molnar escreveu:
> * Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Is 'f' (for 'freeze') still available?

> > It is available in both the 'report'/'top' (aka the "hists" browser) and in the
> > annotate browser, so I'll go with it, and leave CTRL+z alone, then make it it
> > suspend.

> Sounds good to me!

I'm fixing these issues now and a mildly crazy idea ocurred to me: now
we can go from 'top' to 'report' and back, but only if we start in
'perf top', but I think we could go from 'perf report' to 'perf top'
mode too, i.e. start with a perf.data file, then enable collecting more
samples that would then be added to the existing histograms, etc.

Unsure if this would be useful tho ;-) Its just that it may be easy to
do and would be another step into having it all integrated.

Anyway, back to work...

- Arnaldo