Re: [GIT PULL] EDAC updates for 4.2

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Jun 24 2015 - 04:23:22 EST

* Borislav Petkov <bp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > If it doesn't work or compile without the tip pile, then I'm not pulling it at
> > all, since that means that any problems are not bisectable.
>
> Ok, how would you prefer this solved - should I merge the relevant tip branches
> into it?

So the broken commit is 1862c7c3483c. Given that only a handful of commits follow
it, I'd suggest the following resolution, to preserve half of your tree:

git checkout -b tmp.tmp your/edac/tree
git reset --hard 1862c7c3483c^1
git merge linus # where 'linus' is 407a2c720556e - your DEFERRED_ERROR_VECTOR dependency
git checkout -b tmp.tmp2 your/edac/tree
git rebase --onto tmp.tmp 1862c7c3483c^1

Then re-test and re-submit the result to Linus as -v2.

Note that 407a2c720556e is very early in the v4.2 merge window, with only -tip
(and some VFS) bits in it, which I have tested and which is looking pretty robust.

In the future we can do such dependencies in -tip as well, so that they don't
reach Linus - I didn't realize your tree had this dependency.

Thanks,

Ingo