Re: kdbus: to merge or not to merge?

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Wed Jun 24 2015 - 14:46:45 EST

David Lang <david@xxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, 24 Jun 2015, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>
>> And the thing is, in hindsight, after such huge flamewars, years down the line,
>> almost never do I see the following question asked: 'what were we thinking merging
>> that crap??'. If any question arises it's usually along the lines of: 'what was
>> the big fuss about?'. So I think by and large the process works.
>
> counterexamples, devfs, tux

The biggest I can think of cgroups.

The way cgroups connect to processes instead of resources (semantically)
and the fact that controllers are different from fundamental entities
like schedulers.

Of course I don't think "What were we thinking" I remember it all too
well in that case.

I think "What do we do now that we have made this mess".

Eric