Re: [v4 08/16] KVM: kvm-vfio: User API for IRQ forwarding

From: Joerg Roedel
Date: Mon Jun 29 2015 - 05:22:55 EST

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 09:14:54AM +0000, Wu, Feng wrote:
> Do you mean updating the hardware IRTEs for all the entries in the irq
> routing table, no matter whether it is the updated one?

Right, that's what I mean. It seems wrong to me to work around the API
interface by creating a diff between the old and the new routing table.
It is much simpler (and easier to maintain) to just update the IRTE
and PI structures for all IRQs in the routing table, especially since
this is not a hot-path.

Joerg