Re: WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 3634 at drivers/gpu/drm/drm_irq.c:1141 drm_wait_one_vblank

From: Daniel Vetter
Date: Wed Jul 01 2015 - 04:25:37 EST

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 10:13:35PM +0200, Michal Hocko wrote:
> On Tue 30-06-15 18:59:29, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> [...]
> > I looked at dmesg, nothing out of the ordinary there. Unfortunately also
> > no hints why the pipe is somehow off when we think it's on. Can you please
> > test the below patch and grab a new dmesg?
>
> Attached.

I'm still baffled - looking at the code intel_crtc->active should be set,
but somehow the real hw pipe is dead. Or at least we don't get a vblank
irq for it somehow. Confusing.

> > Also it might be time to start bisecting this if you can readily reproduce it.
>
> Yes, I can reproduce it just by switching to the text console. Sometimes
> it is the first attempt already but sometimes it takes several attempts.
> I will try to go back to 4.0 and bisect it then.

Yes please do, since this is a confusing regression I think the bisect
result will be the fastest way forward.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter