Re: config PROC_CHILDREN

From: Iago LÃpez Galeiras
Date: Fri Jul 03 2015 - 05:11:00 EST

Hi Jean,

The purpose of this option is enabling /proc/<pid>/task/<tid>/children without
having to enable CHECKPOINT_RESTORE, which is hidden behind EXPERT.

Regarding its lack of help, documentation is in already in place[1] but perhaps
that's not clear for the user because as you say the Kconfig help text is missing.

I suggest adding something like:

Provides a fast way to retrieve first level children pids of a task. See
<file:Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt> for more information.

Do you think that's enough?

Thanks.

[1]: https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt

--