Re: lock-up with module: Optimize __module_address() using a latched RB-tree

From: Arthur Marsh
Date: Mon Jul 06 2015 - 07:27:07 EST

Peter Zijlstra wrote on 06/07/15 20:02:
On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 07:41:38PM +0930, Arthur Marsh wrote:
No, it's the standard kernel radeon driver.

If it's of any use I can reboot the machine with the kernel that goes boom
and the video card removed.

You're saying the same kernel boots without issue if you remove the
Radeon?

Most peculiar...

No, I had previously suspected another card (the DPT SCSI card with eata driver) and pulled that out to eliminate that as a possibility.

I just pulled out the Radeon 9200SE video card and in a couple of separate boot attempts with the kernel that goes boom saw very similar output:

http://www.users.on.net/~arthur.marsh/20150706465.jpg
http://www.users.on.net/~arthur.marsh/20150706466.jpg

Arthur.