Re: [REGRESSION] Re: i915 driver crashes on T540p if docking station attached

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Aug 03 2015 - 13:24:58 EST

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've just tried pulling in your updated fixes-stuff, and it avoids the
> oops and allows external the monitor to work correctly.

Good. Have either of you tested the suspend/resume behavior? Is that fixed too?

> However, I'm
> still seeing a large number of drm/i915 related warning messages and
> other kernel kvetching.

I suspect I can live with that for now. The lockdep one looks like
it's mainly an initialization issue, so you'd never get the actual
deadlock in practice, but it's obviously annoying. The intel_pm.c one
I'll have to defer to the i915 people for..

I'll be travelling much of this week (flying to Finland tomorrow, back
on Sunday - yay, 30h in airplanes for three days on the ground, but
it's my dad's bday), and my internet will be sporadic. But I'll have a
laptop and be able to pull stuff every once in a while.

It would be good to have this one resolved, and I just need to worry
about the remaining VM problem..

Linus