Re: Armadaxp GPIO interrupts

From: raghu MG
Date: Wed Aug 05 2015 - 11:03:03 EST

Hi Andrew,

The issue I found was irq_alloc_descs is called twice
1st time inside mvebu_gpio_probe & 2nd time inside irq_domain_add_simple.

The warning is thrown up when irq_alloc_descs is called 2nd
time(irq_domain_add_simple) & bitmap_find_next_zero_area gives new
value of start which is not equal to irq & the following condition
returns with error.

irq_alloc_descs(....)
start = bitmap_find_next_zero_area(
allocated_irqs, IRQ_BITMAP_BITS,
from, cnt, 0);
ret=-EEXIST;
if (irq >=0 && start != irq){
goto err;
}
err:
mutex_unlock(&sparse_irq_lock);
return ret;

I could bypass the error/warning by giving calling
irq_domain_add_simple(np, mvchip->chip.ngpio,
0,
&irq_domain_simple_ops,
mvchip);
I passed zero instead of mvchip->irqbase as first_irq .
The warning is not appearing.& I think driver is registered in kernel.

But driver & gpio entry is not found in /proc/interrupts.

The GPIO ISR is not getting invoked by driver.
But I wrote a simple module where I register simple handler & then
both mvebu_gpio_irq_handler & modules registered handler is called.

My doubt is whether the gpio-driver in the kernel needs bit more
tweaking to suit the board & devices connected to gpio.

I would appreciate bit of guidance here