Re: [Patch v2] align crash_notes allocation to make it be inside one physical page

From: Baoquan He
Date: Tue Aug 11 2015 - 02:33:44 EST

Hi Andrew,

On 08/03/15 at 03:04pm, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 20:50:43 +0800 Baoquan He <bhe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And I think the WARN_ON can be replaced with a
> BUILD_BUG_ON(sizeof>PAGE_SIZE)? That would avoid adding runtime
> overhead.

Rethink about this, you are right. Using BUILD_BUG_ON is better.
Anyone who found this compiling break should check if his/her code
changes increase the crash_notes size. If possible that increase need be
avoidable. Otherwise he should report this to upstream why it's
unavoidable to increase crash_notes size, then let's consider the
redesign the crash_notes data structure.

So I will use BUILD_BUG_ON and repost.

Thanks
Baoquan