Re: [Patch v2] align crash_notes allocation to make it be inside one physical page

From: Baoquan He
Date: Tue Aug 11 2015 - 04:42:25 EST

Hi,

On 08/11/15 at 04:01pm, Minfei Huang wrote:
> Baoquan.
>
> If the size of notes never be exceeded to PAGE_SIZE, I think we can
> revert below patch, since the situation which describes in patch does
> not happen.
>
> commit 38dfac843cb6d7be1874888839817404a15a6b3c
> Author: Greg Pearson <greg.pearson@xxxxxx>
> Date: Mon Feb 10 14:25:36 2014 -0800
>
> vmcore: prevent PT_NOTE p_memsz overflow during header update
>
> What do you think about this?

Yeah, I am fine with this reverting. If people all agree with this I can
post patch to revert this. In fact I am eagerer to revert below commit
since it's a littble bit confusing after crash_notes crossing 2
pages bug is fixed. Below commit is a work around fix , but it's too much.
I am willing to hear people's idea.

commit 34b47764297130b21aaeb4cc6119bb811814b8e3