RE: regression introduced by "block: Add support for DAX reads/writes to block devices"

From: Wilcox, Matthew R
Date: Thu Aug 13 2015 - 15:32:46 EST

I liked the patch you were pushing to request the *page* containing the requested bytes instead of the *block* containing the requested bytes.

For the misaligned partition problem, I was thinking we should change the direct_access API to return a phys_addr_t instead of a pfn. That way we can return something that isn't actually page aligned, and DAX can take care of making sure it doesn't overshoot the end.