Re: Nokia N900 - audio TPA6130A2 problems

From: Pali RohÃr
Date: Fri Aug 14 2015 - 16:54:22 EST

On Friday 14 August 2015 22:46:49 Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Maybe some power management problem? Something is not always
> > initialized correctly?
> >
> > I remember that there is some problem (maybe in NoLo - Nokia
> > bootloader) that sometimes chainloaded U-Boot (booted via NoLo) is
> > not able to initialize mmc chip (all read operation fails). In
> > U-Boot I added some code to enable some parts in twl4030 regulator
> > and after that mmc is working always...
>
> Could I get some details? Thay code should be moved to kernel,
> I'd really like mmc to work, no matter how machine was booted.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pavel

I think I was inspirited by kernel code when I added that functionality
into u-boot... But I do not remember which kernel version...

If you are interested and what to play with that, just look at few lines
of twl4030 code in uboot rx51.c (until "restore I2C access state"):

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=board/nokia/rx51/rx51.c;h=3d019b01428b5392fb5d0b8c7428a6d1d2ba31af;hb=HEAD#l388

All are just i2c calls to twl4030 chipset.

--
Pali RohÃr
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx