Re: [GIT pull] irq updates for 4.3

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Tue Sep 01 2015 - 12:06:12 EST

On Mon, 31 Aug 2015, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On 08/31/2015 09:12 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:04:37 +0200 (CEST) Thomas Gleixner
> > <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Marc Zyngier (23):
> > > irqchip/GIC: Convert to EOImode == 1
> >
> > This appears to lead to qemu arm boot tests silently failing (according
> > to Guenter). This commit only appeared in next-20150831.
> >

> I think we really need more time between patches showing up in -next and
> being pushed upstream. We have several new failures in -next which were
> introduced after next-20150828, with this being the most serious one.

Sorry about that. I usally let stuff breed long enough in next, but I
made an exception on this one. I tested it on several ARM boards
myself and certainly did not expect that there are still non
devicetree (or ACPI) based systems utilizing the GIC out there. I
certainly did not think about qemu ...

Thanks,

tglx