Re: Regression: can't apply frequency offsets above 1000ppm.

From: John Stultz
Date: Tue Sep 01 2015 - 21:03:39 EST

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 5:36 PM, Nuno GonÃalves <nunojpg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 9:25 PM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Sep 2015, Nuno GonÃalves wrote:
>>
>>> There is a regression on the clock system since v3.16-rc5-111-g4396e05
>>> [1],
>>
>>> [1] http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=4396e058c52e167729729cf64ea3dfa229637086
>>
>> That commit has absolutely nothing to do with NTP. I fear your bisect
>> went down the wrong road somewhere.
>
> You are right. It is v3.16-rc5-114-gdc49159:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=dc491596f6394382fbc74ad331156207d619fa0a
>
> I've triple checked it this time. Not sure where I did the mistake to
> get it wrong by 3 commits.

This commit is much more believable (though surprising as that change
was found to greatly improve results for most uses).

Can you provide any more details about how the problem is reproduced
(kernel config, what userland images are you using, etc)? I've got a
BBB myself so I can try to see whats going on.

thanks
-john