[PATCH v3 0/2] arm64: introduce run-time detection of aarch32 support
From: Yury Norov
Date: Wed Sep 02 2015 - 11:50:30 EST
This is needed to avoid loading aarch32 binaries if COMPAT is enabled, but
aarch32 is not supported by specific platform.
First patch fixes hidden header dependencies in arch/arm64/include/asm/cpufeature.h.
It's not related to the issue, but helps to avoid build failure that happens
if one applies second patch only.
Second patch adds run-time detection of aarch32 support, and rejects kernel to
load such binaries, if not supported.
Tested on ThunderX.
- first patch message extended with explanation for cpu_feature macro move;
- in second patch, restored pfr0 masking in id_aa64pfr0_aarch32_el0().
- add missing <linux/compiler.h> for the __attribute_const__ on
- move cpu_feature macro under the __ASSEMBLY__ guard.
- check that all CPUs support AArch32, not the current only,
the same way as for endianness support.
Signed-off-by: Yury Norov <ynorov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yury Norov (2):
arm64: cpufeature.h: resolve hidden header dependencies
arm64: don't load 32-bit binaries if platform has no aarch32_el0
arch/arm64/include/asm/cpufeature.h | 10 +++++++++-
arch/arm64/include/asm/cputype.h | 8 ++++++++
arch/arm64/include/asm/elf.h | 6 ++++--
arch/arm64/kernel/cpuinfo.c | 12 ++++++++++++
4 files changed, 33 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/