Re: [GIT PULL] Ext3 removal, quota & udf fixes

From: Austin S Hemmelgarn
Date: Wed Sep 02 2015 - 12:59:42 EST

On 2015-09-01 19:58, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 03:39:45PM -0400, Austin S Hemmelgarn wrote:
NO, it is not logical. A vast majority of Android smartphones in the wild
use ext2, as do a very significant portion of embedded systems that don't
have room for the few hundred kilobytes of extra code that the ext4 driver
has in comparison to ext2.

Citation, please? Android switched to ext4 at the end of 2010. It's
been five years, and most people have updated their phones in the last
3-5 years.

I was unaware that they had switched (I don't keep up on Android development), although the other part of my statement still holds.