Screen brightness adjustment is just too broken

From: Joonas Saarinen
Date: Sat Sep 05 2015 - 12:49:42 EST

Hi!

To me it looks like the screen brightness adjustment is a bit messy in Linux. If I install Ubuntu or Linux Mint on any laptop, I usually get 2 brightness steps with one keypress (with some machines even 3). I believe this is because the brightness adjustment is handled by multiple listeners (for example, the ACPI interface, GPU driver and, internally by BIOS).

Are there plans to eventually fix this behavior?

Joonas Saarinen