gpios search behaviour for gpio from _DSD

From: Olliver Schinagl
Date: Thu Sep 24 2015 - 03:25:17 EST

Hey list, Mika,

With commit 0d9a693cc86 the following snippet of code was added:

+ /* Try first from _DSD */
+ for (i = 0; i < ARRAY_SIZE(suffixes); i++) {
+ if (con_id && strcmp(con_id, "gpios")) {
+ snprintf(propname, sizeof(propname), "%s-%s",
+ con_id, suffixes[i]);

and I was wondering why the gpios suffix is singled out. Are we not allowed to check for all the strings in the suffixes array? Is gpios special or is gpio simply not allowed. If that strcmp check would be removed, would bad things happen?

Also, just to educate myself, isn't relying on left to right parsing complier specifc? E.g. if con_id is null, we end up passing NULL to strcmp and atleast for libc can cause segfaults iirc.

Thanks,
Olliver