Re: Glibc recvmsg from kernel netlink socket hangs forever

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Fri Sep 25 2015 - 00:59:42 EST

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 09:36:53PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:

> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/363085
>
> might explain your problem.
>
> I thought this was resolved in 4.1, but it looks like the problem still persists
> there. At least I have reports from my workplace that 4.1.6 and 4.1.7 are still
> affected. I don't know if there have been any relevant changes in 4.2.
>
> Copying Herbert and Eric for additional input.

There was a separate bug discovered by Tejun recently. You need
to apply the patches

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/519245/
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/520824/

There is another follow-up but it shouldn't make any difference
in practice.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>