Re: [tip:perf/core] tools: Add err.h with ERR_PTR PTR_ERR interface

From: He Kuang
Date: Tue Sep 29 2015 - 04:20:58 EST

On 2015/9/29 15:57, Jiri Olsa wrote:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 03:52:09PM +0800, He Kuang wrote:
hi, jirka

On 2015/9/29 15:20, Jiri Olsa wrote:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 09:14:10AM +0200, Jiri Olsa wrote:

SNIP

$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-16)

Cheers,
Vinson

Hi.

This build error still occurs with next-20150929.

attached patch should fix it

FYI there's another instance of this bug in parse-events.c in
Arnaldo's perf/core due to recent fixes, I'll send out fix shortly

and here it is..

He Kuang,
this might collide with your recent fixes..

Do I need to send new ones based on your patch below now?

that'd be great.. also please make sure you don't reintroduce it

I saw Ingo just accepted ACME's pull request which contains my patches,
then resend may reintroduce or conflict things, I will wait for ACME's
suggestion for my lack of experience in this.

Thank you.

thanks,
jirka