Re: linux-next: kernel BUG at mm/slub.c:1447!

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Fri Oct 02 2015 - 09:37:15 EST

On 10/01/2015 01:49 PM, Andrew Morton wrote:
On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 09:06:15 -0700 Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Seen with next-20151001, running qemu, simulating Opteron_G1 with a non-SMP configuration.
On a re-run, I have seen it with the same image, but this time when simulating IvyBridge,
so it is not CPU dependent. I did not previously see the problem.

Log is at
http://server.roeck-us.net:8010/builders/qemu-x86-next/builds/259/steps/qemubuildcommand/logs/stdio

I'll try to bisect. The problem is not seen with every boot, so that may take a while.

Caused by mhocko's "mm, fs: obey gfp_mapping for add_to_page_cache()",
I expect.

I tried to bisect to be sure, but the problem doesn't happen often enough, and I got some
false negatives. I assume bisect is no longer necessary. If I need to try again, please
let me know.

Thanks,
Guenter