Re: [tip:x86/mm] x86/mm: Warn on W^X mappings

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Thu Oct 08 2015 - 11:00:30 EST

On 10/8/2015 7:57 AM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
+ pr_info("x86/mm: Checked W+X mappings: passed, no W+X pages found.\n");
Do we really want to issue anything here in the success case? IMO, we
should be quiet if the check passes and only scream when something's
wrong...

I would like the success message to be there.
From an automated testing perspective (for the distro I work on for example),

"the test runs and it fails",
"the test runs and it passes" and
"the test has not run (because of a bug in the code or config file)"

are different outcomes, where the first and third are test failures,
but without the pr_info at info level, the 2nd and 3rd are indistinguishable.