torvalds/linux repository on github

From: Jeffrey Merkey
Date: Sun Nov 01 2015 - 17:51:22 EST

Linus,

Can you check your repository on github at
https://github.com/torvalds/linux. I tried to fork and clone it and
it is missing (or appears to be missing) all the subversion tags --
just has rcX candidates and major version tags (i.e. 4.1, 4.2 but
missing the 4.2.X tags).

If it would not be too much trouble to add the tags for the
subversions or point me to a repo there I can fork. I have tried to
clone linux-stable on github and it does not seem to allow that the
import hangs, I am working off linux-stable (which this git thing is
cool and works great) and I have branches and I am wondering can I
just apply branches from the linux-stable git archive to the
https://github.com/torvalds/linux git archive if I fork it into a
local repo on github.

I know you are very busy, thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff