Re: make xconfig no longer works in Fedora

From: Thiago Macieira
Date: Sun Nov 01 2015 - 22:20:51 EST

On Saturday 31 October 2015 12:39:21 Alexey Brodkin wrote:
> Hi Thiago,
>
> I noticed that with your patch "Update the buildsystem for KConfig finding
> Qt"
> I cannot use "make xconfig" in Fedora 22 any longer.

Hello Alexey

> The reason why xconfig target fails is in Fedora (at least its recent
> versions)
> there's no "qmake". Instead there're "qmake-qt4" and/or
> "qmake-qt5" depending on which Qt packages are installed.

Hmm... you're right. There's no check for a program with a different name in
the new Makefile. I apologise, I never tested that case.

Fedora is knowingly deviating from Qt Project recommendations. I will fix
this, but please file a bug report against their Qt packages so there's some
pressure to adopt a standard solution that everyone else already does.

> But IMHO it would be really nice if we don't break things that used to
> work.

Right. Can you try the attached patch to see if it solves the problem for you?