[GIT PULL] Core block bits for 4.4-rc

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Tue Nov 03 2015 - 19:03:43 EST

Hi Linus,

This is the core block pull request for 4.4. I've got a few more topic
branches this time around, some of them will layer on top of the
core+drivers changes and will come in a separate round. So not a huge
chunk of changes in this round. This pull request contains:

- Enable blk-mq page allocation tracking with kmemleak, from Catalin.

- Unused prototype removal in blk-mq from Christoph.

- Cleanup of the q->blk_trace exchange, using cmpxchg instead of two
xchg()'s, from Davidlohr.

- A plug flush fix from Jeff.

- Also from Jeff, a fix that means we don't have to update shared tag
sets at init time unless we do a state change. This cuts down boot
times on thousands of devices a lot with scsi/blk-mq.

- blk-mq waitqueue barrier fix from Kosuke.

- Various fixes from Ming:

- Fixes for segment merging and splitting, and checks, for
the old core and blk-mq.

- Potential blk-mq speedup by marking ctx pending at the end
of a plug insertion batch in blk-mq.

- direct-io no page dirty on kernel direct reads.

- A WRITE_SYNC fix for mpage from Roman.

Please pull! Drivers and topic branches coming shortly.

git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git for-4.4/core

Catalin Marinas (1):
block: kmemleak: Track the page allocations for struct request

Christoph Hellwig (1):
blk-mq: remove unused blk_mq_clone_flush_request prototype

Davidlohr Bueso (1):
blktrace: re-write setting q->blk_trace

Jeff Moyer (2):
block: fix plug list flushing for nomerge queues
blk-mq: avoid excessive boot delays with large lun counts

Jens Axboe (1):
Merge tag 'v4.3-rc4' into for-4.4/core

Kosuke Tatsukawa (1):
blk-mq: fix waitqueue_active without memory barrier in block/blk-mq-tag.c

Ming Lei (7):
fs: direct-io: don't dirtying pages for ITER_BVEC/ITER_KVEC direct read
block: setup bi_phys_segments after splitting
block: avoid to merge splitted bio
blk-mq: check bio_mergeable() early before merging
block: check bio_mergeable() early before merging
blk-mq: fix for trace_block_plug()
blk-mq: mark ctx as pending at batch in flush plug path

Roman Pen (1):
fs/mpage.c: forgotten WRITE_SYNC in case of data integrity write

block/blk-core.c | 32 ++++++++++++++++--
block/blk-merge.c | 32 ++++++++++++++----
block/blk-mq-tag.c | 4 +++
block/blk-mq.h | 2 --
block/blk.h | 1 +